TERRA NOVA is a Hellenic SME environmental, engineering and consulting firm, which provides since 1999 integrated services and tailored solutions covering the whole range of the contemporary environmental needs of its clients (private and public sector). Up-to-date, TERRA NOVA has successfully implemented more than 1.400 environmental projects in the fields of:
- Environmental Impact Assessment of various projects (industries, tourism projects, renewable energy sources projects, waste management facilities, health care units, telecommunication projects, infrastructure projects etc.)
- Consulting in environmental management and environmental licensing.
- Environmental Audits (environmental risk assessment audits, environmental due diligence surveys, environmental baseline studies, environmental compliance audits, environmental compatibility audits, 2nd party environmental audits, project’s implementation environmental monitoring, environmental emergencies audits).
- Environmental policy and legislation (drafting of environmental legislative acts, consulting services in the fields of environmental law and policy).
- Conduction of Strategic Studies and Plans for the integrated management of industrial and municipal waste (solid waste, wastewater, hazardous and non-hazardous waste).
- Design, development and monitoring of Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001, EMAS) and Health & Safety Management Systems (OSHAS 18001).
- Life Cycle Assessment and Carbon Footprint calculation of products and processes
- Consulting services on the development of monitoring and reporting systems for greenhouse gas emissions.
- Indoor air quality audits in buildings of various uses (office buildings, commercial buildings, hospitals, tourism buildings etc.).
- Design of innovative systems for the (a) treatment of industrial wastewater, (b) treatment and utilization of solid waste, (c) control of air emissions, (d) reduction of road traffic noise, (e) confrontation of marine pollution, (f) management of forest wild fires.
One of the main development axis of TERRA NOVA is Research & Development in the field of environmental management and protection. Towards this direction over the past 18 years, TERRA NOVA has invested significant resources and it has actively participated in the successful implementation of 15 EU environmental R&D projects, among which in 10 LIFE projects (LIFE IP CEI Greece, CLIMATREE, DEBAG, INFOCYCLE, CONOPS, AMMOS, CALCHAS, DIONYSOS, GREEN BATTERIES, MINOS) and in 1 Horizon 2020 (SHui).
Specifically regarding waste, TERRA NOVA has participated in LIFE MINOS (LIFE00 ENV/GR/000671), LIFE DIONYSOS (LIFE03 ENV/GR/000223) [sustainable management of olive oil mill wastewater and winery solid waste respectively], as well as in projects aiming at the sustainable management of special waste streams, like LIFE GREEN BATTERIES (LIFE02 ENV/GR/000373) [batteries and accumulators], AMMOS (LIFE12 INF/GR/000985) [waste cigarette butts], LIFE INFOCYCLE (LIFE13 INF/GR/001342) [Waste Electric & Electronic Equipment] and LIFE DEBAG (LIFE14 GIE/GR/001127) [plastic bags].
TERRA NOVA over the past 15 years has developed a specialized Laboratory, accredited in accordance to the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Standard (Testing Laboratory Accredited by Hellenic Accreditation System ESYD Acc. No. 792), which performs measurements of air emissions, air quality, indoor air quality, health & safety, environmental noise, vibrations as well as sampling of wastewater, sea water, fresh water, solid waste. Moreover, TERRA NOVA is accredited for the characterization of waste.
TERRA NOVA is certified according to the EN ISO 9001: 2015 standard for its services and EN ISO 14001: 2015 for its Environmental Management System.