CircularGreece is expected to accelerate the implementation of:
- the National Waste Management Plan (NWMP),
- The National Strategic Plan for Waste Prevention (NSPWP),
- and the National Plan on Circular Economy (NAPCE).
A great number of measures/actions foreseen in these regulations will be accomplished through the project. In this way, the implementation of an integrated approach of waste management will be enhanced through a combined and complementary set of methods, which uses resources in a sustainable manner, aims at the reduction of waste generation, safeguards and protects the environment and human health, and reinforces social and economic growth.
National Waste Management Plan
The project actions are related to the following measures/actions of the NWMP:
- Development of a guide for the management of agri-food waste
- Development of technical standards for the usage of secondary materials
- Implementation of a PAYT scheme in an urban municipality
- Development of a guide for the prevention of food waste
- Formation of a circular economy observatory
- Construction and operation of Enhanced Green Centers
- Implementation of a system for the management of household hazardous waste
- Use of economic instruments for waste management