CircularGreece is expected to accelerate the implementation of:
- the National Waste Management Plan (NWMP),
- The National Strategic Plan for Waste Prevention (NSPWP),
- and the National Plan on Circular Economy (NAPCE).
A great number of measures/actions foreseen in these regulations will be accomplished through the project. In this way, the implementation of an integrated approach of waste management will be enhanced through a combined and complementary set of methods, which uses resources in a sustainable manner, aims at the reduction of waste generation, safeguards and protects the environment and human health, and reinforces social and economic growth.
National Waste Management Plan
The project actions are related to the following measures/actions of the NWMP:
- Voluntary agreements with industry for the use of secondary material and fuels
- Separate collection of recycled materials in public utilities
- Action “not throwing – giving away”
- Use of economic instruments for waste management
- Setting of processes for the definition of by-products
- Development of a guide for the implementation of PAYΤ schemes
- Compilation of specifications for the output of sorting facilities for recycled materials